The Policy sets out the following in relation to personal information of customers and/or users (“you” or “your”):
• what kind of personal information we collect;
• how we collect and hold personal information
• why we collect, hold use and disclose personal information;
• how we keep personal information secure, accurate and up-to-date;
• how to seek access to and update your personal information; and
• how to contact us with privacy queries.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected about our customers.
What information we collect
We do not collect personal identification information such as your name, phone number or physical address.
The information we do collect about you includes (but is not limited to):
• error logs and DUMP files which are automatically generated when an unexpected error occurs or an application crashes;
• the number calling or called, and the number marked as the spam or the merchant number submitted by the end user.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, sexual orientation, criminal background or membership in past organizations, including trade union memberships) on or through an application, the VPN services or the Secure Connection VPN website or otherwise to us.
How we collect your information
Generally, we collect information when you use the Apps, you choose to route all of your mobile data traffic through, or to, TrafficGuard's servers. As a result, we receive information regarding you, your online activities, and your device or browser when you use the Services. For example, we may receive:
• Information about your device, including the type of device, its operating system, the mobile carrier or network, IP address, GPS or other general location information, and device identifiers. When you download the Apps, you may permit us to access data on or about your device, including permissions obtained through our Apps or your device (e.g. Google Play on Android).
• Information about your mobile applications and data usage, including the applications installed on your device, your use of those applications, the websites you visit, and the amount of data you use. • Log information and other data from your device, such as webpage addresses and data fields.
• We may receive the content of your communications and other mobile data transactions when your mobile data is transferred through our server.
• We may also receive geo-location information when you access location-based services on a device that uses one of our Apps.
For example, if you access an online map application, we may receive location information as part of the mobile data traffic we receive when you use our Apps.
How we use your information
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to provide you with products and services you have requested. Our potential uses of the information which we collect (and for which you consent to us using your information for) may include:
• to provide our services to you;
• to find out the reason that an error occurred or the application crashed and improve the quality of the product;
• for customer service, security, fraud-detection, archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of our services;
• to better understand how you access and use our services, for the purposes of trying to improve our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences, including language and location customisation, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your and other customers usage of our services;
• to help us develop new services and improve our existing services;
• to assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities on or in connection with our services;
• for the purposes of software verification or administering software upgrades;
• to allow you to participate in surveys about our products and services; and
• to provide the end user with the spam number or the merchant number notice.
Sometimes we will produce aggregated data. We may also receive aggregated data from its third-party suppliers and contractors or business customers. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. We use, and may combine, the aggregated data it produces and receives for research purposes and in connection with products and services we provide to our business clients.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Any other use or disclosure we make of your information will only be as required by law or as permitted by the Act or by this Policy or otherwise with your consent.
If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. For example, if you do not register as a member of our website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, and providing our services to you.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your information where we are required to do so by law.
Your information is disclosed to these organisations and/or parties only in relation to the services we provide to you or for a purpose permitted by this Policy.
We are very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information.
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee the management of personal information in accordance with this Policy and the Privacy Act. Personal information is stored electronically.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of administrative, physical and electronic measures including firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
However, you acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this Policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by such third party/ies may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your information, please let us know immediately.
Accessing and updating your information
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which we possess, except in some exceptional circumstances provided by law. You are also entitled to edit and correct such information if the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you. This includes, without limitation, circumstances where giving you access:
• would be unlawful;
• would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy;
• would prejudice negotiations we are having with you;
• would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities; or
• would be likely to prejudice enforcement related activities carried out by, or for, an enforcement body.
If we refuse to give you access we will provide you with reasons for our refusal. Generally, if you request us to do so we will amend any personal information we hold about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, you can contact the Privacy Officer at the address listed below.
We reserve the right to modify our Policy as our business needs require.
We will notify you of such changes (whether by direct communication or by posting a notice after which, your continued use of our products, services or your continued dealings with us shall be deemed to be your agreement to the modified terms. If you do not agree to our continued use of your personal information due to the changes in our Policy, please contact us via the details set out in the "Contact Us" section below.
We will notify you of such changes (whether by direct communication or by posting a notice after which, your continued use of our products, services or your continued dealings with us shall be deemed to be your agreement to the modified terms. If you do not agree to our continued use of your personal information due to the changes in our Policy, please contact us via the details set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you wish to contact us regarding this Policy or any privacy-related matters, please contact our Privacy Officer
via email at: email@example.com
TrafficGuard Pty Ltd
10 / 16 Brodie Hall Drive
Bentley WA 6102
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
By using the TrafficPath - Link Analyzer or by accepting the terms and conditions which refer to this Policy, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.